Seasonal Lawn Care Tips
Now is the time to properly schedule irrigation for your lawn and ornamentals.
Soil can dry out quickly as we transition from spring to summer. Stay ahead of dry conditions by being ready to water.
Conserve water by knowing when to water your lawn. Irrigation can be performed at any time of the day or night as long as the rate of water application does not exceed the infiltration capacity of the soil.
IRRIGATION IS AN ART; IF ONE IS SUCCESSFUL WITH AN EXISTING
WATERING SCHEDULE, THEN DO NOT CHANGE.
Seasonal Lawn Care Tips |
- Strategy 1: Avoid establishing turf from seed at the time crabgrass normally is germinating. Avoid any disturbance of a pre-emergence barrier. Irrigate to avoid wilting of turf.
- Strategy 2: Raise mowing height slightly at the time crabgrass seed is germinating, lower height of cut and collect clippings during the time that crabgrass is setting seed.
Strategy 3: Always follow good cultural practices; mowing, irrigating, and the Land–Art fertilization program all season long.
- Strategy 4: Utilizing both pre-emergence and post emergent products.
Everything we do for our property at different seasons will always benefit the entire picture of your landscape.
Cultural Maintenance: There is an endless list of things that we can do to maintain and increase the health of your lawn and landscape this winter season.
- Protective barriers can still be installed around sensitive shrubbery to eliminate winter burn from winter winds. Mulch can be added to heal in new plantings and also to protect roots from desiccation in reducing water loss.
- During the winter season, alternate traffic patterns on turfgrass during the cold weather to prevent traffic damage for our approaching spring season.
- Late fall and winter are great times to prune evergreens and troublesome or damaged tree branches while protecting against the spreading of disease. Continue brush clean-up after winter storms.
- When heavy snows persist, brush off the heaviness from ornamental plants to prevent winter breakage of limbs and evergreen foliage.
- When salting or deicing hardscapes, be aware of vulnerable turf sights and prevent damaging effects.
- Plan and schedule spring and summer maintenance programs.
- Save on lawn care costs! Now is the best time to save money with the Land Art early payment schedules.
Some winter season tips to help keep your landscape it’s healthiest:
We appreciate your continued business. Thank you for choosing Land-Art for the care of your lawn. We’ll continue to keep your lawn as beautiful and healthy as possible. Our superior lawn care service and quality products go the distance. We continue to be the areas leader in quality lawn care service by using only the finest custom blended turf builders exclusively; and providing the finest service and care for your lawn. We monitor your lawn’s health throughout the season and provide extra service at no additional charge to keep it healthy. Customer service is always our top priority.
Save on lawn care costs! Please consider referring a friend to follow the Land Art lawn and ornamental care treatments. All referred customers that sign up will earn you a $25.00 credit toward your services. Remember 2016 early payment lawn care discounts. Call 800-336-5296 for your properties available discounts.
Land-Art wants to thank you for your continued business and referrals.