Some winter season tips to help keep your landscape it’s healthiest:
- Protect Shrubs, Prune Evergreens, and Remove Dead Leaves
- Be sure to protect shrubs and delicate trees from the coming ravages of ice, snow, and wind. Use evergreen clippings, such as those from a Christmas tree to cover low shrubs, wrap medium sized shrubs with burlap.
- Trim hollies and other broad-leaved evergreens for indoor decorations; the pruning will improve the health of the plants as well. Rake leaves from the lawns and perennial beds; matted leaves can choke lawn grasses and promote disease.
- Keep plants free of snow, Prune ornamental Trees
- During Winter the major chore is still that of protecting plants. Check and repair protective covering frequently and after each snowstorm. Gently shake or broom the snow from branches; when clearing walks and driveways take care not to shovel snow onto bordering plants. Always use materials which are non toxic to plants for melting ice near lawns and gardens. After severe storms, cut broken branches from shrubs and trees. On mild days, finish pruning trees and shrubs that flowered late Summer and Fall.
- Remove Winter coverings, Clean up winter debris, Renew mulch, and Cut lawn early
- When the last snow of the Winter has melted away, remove burlap or other protective coverings from shrubs and plants. Pull old mulch away from the shrub stems, rake leaves and other debris off the lawn and ground covers. After this clean-up mix the old mulch into the soil and lay new mulch around the shrubs.
- Clean up is important for overall turf grass plant health. Always leaf rake matted lawn areas and mow off dead grass for an earlier Spring green up.
We appreciate your continued business. Thank you for choosing Land-Art for the care of your lawn. We’ll continue to keep your lawn as beautiful and healthy as possible. Our superior lawn care service and quality products go the distance. We continue to be the areas leader in quality lawn care service by using only the finest custom blended turf builders exclusively; and providing the finest service and care for your lawn. We monitor your lawn’s health throughout the season and provide extra service at no additional charge to keep it healthy. Customer service is always our top priority.
Save on lawn care costs! Please consider referring a friend to follow the Land Art lawn and ornamental care treatments. All referred customers that sign up will earn you a $25.00 credit toward your services. Remember 2016 early payment lawn care discounts. Call 800-336-5296 for your properties available discounts.