Developing Deep Rooted Turf Grass
Several rules of thumb for developing deep-rooted strong turfgrass that will survive all weather cycles include:
- Apply adequate water to wet the soil up to 6 inches deep. (Start a good summer watering schedule now that the soil is drying.)
- Do not water to the point of saturation.
- Aerate the lawn so water can penetrate the soil while allowing both air and nutrient movement. Overseeding after aerating will insure blended varieties.
- Avoid mid-day watering. Follow Land-Art watering procedures.
- Raise mowing heights during summer months. Keep mower blades sharp and follow the 1/3 rule. Alternate mowing patterns.
- Use irrigation heads that applies an even distribution of large droplets and avoid misting sprinklers.
- Use 50% slow release fertilizers during the summer months. (A Land-Art practice)
Please read Land-Art treatment information inserts for the proper cultural practices that you need to follow for a more desirable year long lawn. These information inserts can be requested by contacting us.← Turn Your Water On Overrun with Mosquitoes? →